2008年10月26日日曜日

Japanese culture is really "Not touch" culture??

Hi guys!!


Today's weather is not good, though it is Sunday.....


And, I found an interesting article in newspaper today!




It is about "Japanese hot spring".


I love hot spring!! It makes me relax~~!!


And, Japan is really famous for hot spring among travelers from foreign countries.




I think there are also hot spring all over the world, but it is really rare to take a bath with naked!! But, in Japan, it is normal thing, and everyone does.


So, article said that many Japanese hotels which have hot spring made a sign with detailed derection of bathing for foreign travelers.




Now, one thing came up in my mind that I discussed in a class.


"Touch culture and not-touch culture"!!!




As you know, Japanese culture is definetly "non-touch culture".
We don't hug even with parents, or don't with boyfriend/girlfriend in public place.
Of course, we don't kiss like Western people do.




But!! Don't you think something weird??


Yeah, I am talking about Japanese cuture thinks being naked in hot spring is OK though it is "not-touch culture"!!!




But, I still love Hot Spring!! hehe

1 件のコメント:

Amaebic Schizophrenea さんのコメント...

ningen ha are full of paradoxes. we will say and do one thing, but do something that seems contrary (chigau) the next.

i think that, in japan, the 'personal space' aspect is more important than it is in america, so even though japanese onsen have naked people, they still have personal space, right?