2008年10月21日火曜日

Cultural difference....?

Hi, guys!!
As you know, economy is getting worse and worse day by day, and even big company like Lehman Brothers bunkruped......

What ' s gonna happen next....? I am really worried about my job hunting....



The other day, I watched news program on TV, and they focused on interesting point which is connected with cultural difference.






The topic was " Apology"!!



They compared Japanese CEO and American CEO.






That program said that Japanese CEO ( or president) whose company was bankrupted always say sorry with crying in the interview. Gateway and Yamaichi stock company, for example.






But!! They said American CEO had not done to do so. In the case of Leaham Brothers' CEO, he looked confident and did not cry. He said " I did do well, and I do not regret what I had done."






In the end of this program, one essayist commented it was because of cultural difference.



Yeah, that is right. I think so, too. But....



Which CEOs are ideal for company or employees?? Japanese one who kept saying sorry?
American one who took a defiant attitude?


I think Japanese one is better than American in Japan, because CEO has a responsibility to keep company well but the result was failed. I think CEO has to apologize.






Hummmm, to say sorry or not ; That is the question...

1 件のコメント:

Amaebic Schizophrenea さんのコメント...

The American ceo should've apologized, but tokidoki Amerikajin ha atama ga ishi hito da...

i think, though, that in America, american ceos are best, and in Japan, japanese ceos are best. it's all depending on culture.