2008年9月22日月曜日

Univarsal Studios Japan!!

Hi, guys!!








Yesterday, I went to Universal Studios Japan~~~;-D



















Unfortunately, the weather was not good, I really really had a good time with my funky friends!
In USJ, from September to October, they are celebrating Halloween.

There are a lot of jack-o'-lanterns and ghosts everywhere in USJ!!! So cute!!






Then, one thing comes up my mind!
Why Halloween is celebrated so much in Japan, even thought it is different culture??






I think Japanese people became to like celebrating Halloween so much in these days, maybe these 5 years. Of course, I had known Halloween since a little kid, but I did not celebrate like this.




Then, I searched what is Halloween in wikipedia. I don't know whether it is believable or not...



According to Wikipedia.....










"The modern holiday of Halloween has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival known as Samhain (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠaunʲ]; from the Old Irish samain).[2] The festival of Samhain is a celebration of the end of the harvest season in Gaelic culture, and is sometimes [3] regarded as the "Celtic New Year".[4] Traditionally, the festival was a time used by the ancient pagans to take stock of supplies and slaughter livestock for winter stores. The ancient Gaels believed that on October 31, now known as Halloween, the boundary between the alive and the deceased dissolved, and the dead become dangerous for the living by causing problems such as sickness or damaged crops. The festivals would frequently involve bonfires, where the bones of slaughtered livestock were thrown. Costumes and masks were also worn at the festivals in an attempt to mimic the evil spirits or placate them.[5][6]"









Hummm, Halloween is the festival of Samhain and also the end of harvest!



I didn't know that!!



In Japan, we don't wear costume, walk around to visit neighbors to get some candies, and curve pumpkins.....












That is not true Halloween~~~~~~~!!!!



Recently, Japanese culture is mixed, mixed, and mixed with many cultures.



And, it's really influenced by Western culture because of longing, I think.









I also think both Japanese and Western culture are cool and respectable.



And, it is good thing to accept together, but more important thing is that we have to know about its background and origin.





Anyway, I had a great weekend in Universal Studios Japan;-D



Happy Halloween!!








0 件のコメント: